You see I used to be one of those people that screamed about how untalented/ ungifted I was. How I had no skill etc. In the last five years I have discovered that I am far from untalented. What do I mean?
I have so many gifts I am starting to have the challenge of deciding which is worth pursuing and which I should put on the back burner for now. I will list some of them.
1. I am gifted with numbers and being resourceful. I can write and give business advice very easily. I can also break down economic information to a 3rd grade level. I think in elementary terms when I delve into business/ economic matters. I just dislike working in offices.
2. I am extremely resourceful (did I say that before)? I know how to dress my kids very well! I am the queen of absolute casaual and chic without spending an arm and a leg. Many mothers ask me “jamb” questions when it comes to my kids clothes and items. I know how to coupon and compare discounts….my husband is tired of me ( he has excess toothpaste and deodorant)…I even use my points for the expensive diapers….I just don’t see why I should pay more than 50% of the original price for anything. My mom makes me buy her toothpaste and soap when I am stateside.
My kids have clothes till they are two, some 3 year old pieces too.
My dad asked me why I am not selling affordable childrens dresses yet…lol. just maybe.
3. New mothers keep turning to me for advice. I think this one is not a gift but grace. Folks asking what I feed my kids and what I do with them. My girls did almost everything early and took easily to many things. For this whole year I think I have found my balance in terms of protecting them and letting them explore. My girls eat almost anything I put in front of them from orange to macaroni to amala and ewedu. They also have been hand feeding themselves since they were 8 months. They sat up unassisted by 5 months (i attribute this to the summer super seat). My girls also crawled by 6 months- we did a lot of tummy time – i used to read to them during tummy time. These two have been walking since 9 months and climbing steps since 11 months. They also run little errands to bring their shoes, cups etc. We are off bottles now, whew! They can point out some things in books- they lick bananas in books too.
My mom is originally a child nutrionist and dietician, so I got a cheat sheet with the food part ..I told her to write a book, but she is trying make me do it. My dad told her to vlog on food and I can put her on here (I am not sold yet, cos I will be the one to shoot the vlog and I dont know if yall wanna hear about food and excercise)!
4. I know how to crochet- I am at the point where I have started reading patterns. I used to be lazy to read and I am getting so good, I am considering raising money to buy yarn to make 100 blankets to donate to IDPs up North. The yarn is what is expensive as I am still recovering financially from having twins and abandoning work for 1.5 years.
5. I hated thinking of myself as a writer…but guess what? I am a writer…tens of thousands of people monthly want to read what I have to write. I have been blessed to be able to grow an organic audience with original and organic content straight from my heart and mind. I haven’t “bobo’d” you all with fake gist or a lifestyle that I have imagined in my head. Even though I am working on being a yummier mummy- I won’t be showing you my handbags or shoes or outfits because frankly thats jusy ridiculous work and it doesn’t add value to anybody. I don’t know when i last bought handbags or shoes. Speaking of which, If anybody want to dash me black flipflops (leather) my size is US size 8.5 I think thats like 39 sha. as per my birthday just passed.
So back to the original point, we all have gifts- you just have to dig deep. If you like to gist, you may just be a story teller. If you like to listen, you may make a good counselor. I am of the opinion that no matter how batshit crazy you think you are or aren’t, the world has use for all of us. You have to figure out what your use is and insist on it….the world needs us.
I don’t know my next set of moves per say, but I know my life has purpose and it is my sole mission in life to accomplish this purpose.
PS: if there is stuff or topics you would like me to write on or soee more of here, feel free to suggest it. I also welcome guest writers- can’t pay as this site is barely generating money.
You can still win N50K HERE