Blog Visitor OC asked us a question which was debated in his/her office a few days ago about parenting.
Most people actually don’t realise the magnitude of raising kids until they start having them. That being said.
Let’s look at these 2 scenarios:
2 young couples A and B.
Both are average salary earners, both married young and both started a family immediately after marriage.
With their savings, they could only afford one of these 2 options.
1. Use all their savings to have their first child in the US.
2. Use all their savings to invest heavily in property( acres of land in a fast developing area) with the view that within the next 5 years they’ll own their own home and still make money selling the remaining property which will enable them to sponsor their children’s education) and open other sources of business.
They can only do one of the above investments not both.
Now given the current state of Nigeria economy, the falling naira etc.
Which couple do you think made the better financial decision?
Ps: we had this argument in my place of work yesterday.
Which would you recommend they do? I would say they opt for option one reasons are as follows:
1. America is highly unlikely to decline the way Nigeria has eroded in the next 18 years at a minimum.
2. One person can essentially lift the entire family out of poverty- a one way ticket to America and the person can work their butts off and file for family members…its a very long term plan though
3. The Nigerian economy is far too unstable to count any investments as real investments especially if your investment is not in a highbrow area.
4. Knowing what I know about Omoniles and landed property in Nigeria- “it doesn’t worth it”😂😂😂
I am looking at the picture solely from a long term standpoint and actual quality of life stance….please share your thoughts.