Have a holly jolly christmas… its the best time of the year. I am sure thats not how the song goes, but thats my version.
Went to evening mass on christmas eve with the hubstar. It was a nice 1 hour mass. The Father asked the kids to sing “away in a manager”. I wish you and yours a merry christmas and a blessed New Year. In short happy holidays abeg – that cover Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, New Year and oh boxing day too.
Anyways my reflection post for the year, at least i believe this is it.
1. Marriage is a beautiful situation, however if you arent happy alone, you wont survive marriage emotionally. I dont subscribe to the managing a spouse concept or the settling down concept. I am beyond glad, i waited.
2. My strongest trait is ownership of my decisions. My “womaninity” is a big deal, and its ok to make the wrong decisions sometimes, provided i learn from them and i remain honest with myself.
3. The most important thing to me is to be a better person everyday i wake up. I want to be a better version of me. And being good for absolutely no immediate reward actually does a lot for one’s sense of purpose.
4. Thankful- i am thankful for the little i have. I know the visions i have for my life were planted by something greater than me and thus the provisions will be made.
5. Stop wondering why people are so wicked and manipulative. Is it worth it? I dislike people who look down on others for a certain “perceived defect”. God made us in his likeness, he didnt replicate himself. None of us is perfect. A guy dated a chick with one ovary, she told him beforehand that she couldnt have children easily etc. Dude said he will be there. Lo and behold he walked and had a child with someone else out of wedlock. She married 2 years later and had twins. Her ex has gone from comfort to being wretched and he ran into her husband when he went to bid for a contract. The husband told the wife about it, she said to give him the job.
Let us all remember we are God’s children, he created everyone of us.
6. Not to take life too seriously, we never get out alive anyways. Live your best life now.
7. It was reinforced this year that i dont need everything. I also dont actually want everything.
8. Family is almost everything.
I can keep going but you get the gist.
I have a rant – why do people do giveaways on instagram, websites etc and ask you to follow on instagram, follow on facebook, write an essay why you want the item etc? If you want to give something out, give it out nah. Why I got to follow you all over social media to win $10 chain or $25 shoes? It makes you wonder if they really just cant afford to hire marketing people or pay for advertising.
For Christmas I gave the hubstar a handwritten card. I aint got any money at the moment. When i go to the states will look for something for him. He awesomely sorted out the gifts for all the family members. Already told him i dont want anything, somehow i suspect he will spring a surprise. He is awesome, when you are in his circle pf love
The giveaway is still under the “oh wee” post. Winners will be contacted on the 26th of December.